The original West Point Light was replaced by a wooden hexagonal tower in 1872. A schooner destroyed the fog bell tower in 1921. The station was destroyed after being discontinued.
Height of Focal Plane: 40
Characteristic and Range: Fixed white, visible for 11.5 nautical miles (1890)
Description of Tower: 1872: White hexagonal tower with brown trimmings.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1853
Date Deactivated: 1946
Current Use: Destroyed.