Bureau des Phares et Balises
This is the front light of the Trieux "alignement," or range, with Bodic serving as the rear light. The top half of the La Croix tower was blown up by German troops in August 1944, but was rebuilt to its original design in 1947. (Not to be confused with another light by the same name, located at Concarneau, Finistère.)
Tower Height: 59
Height of Focal Plane: 49
Characteristic and Range: Occulting white light, lit 3 seconds every 4 seconds; range 18 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: Light on a mast on top of a circular stone tower, attached to a smaller tower containing the staircase, both with a dark red top. Both towers are painted white on the side facing the alignment.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1867
Date Present Tower Built: 1867
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? No.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!