This lighthouse was purchased by a chemical company in 1967 and subsequently destroyed. The lantern room and lens are on display at the Brazoria County Historical Museum in downtown Angleton. See www.bchm.org for details on the museum.
Tower Height: 96
Height of Focal Plane: 99
Description of Tower: Iron pyramdial skeletal tower with central cylinder.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1896
Date Deactivated: 1967
Optics: 1896: 3 1/2 order Fresnel lens, now at Brazoria County Historical Museum.
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: H.W. Hawes (1896-1902), M. C. Brockenbrough (1902-1912), Joseph Brockenbrough (1912-1914), George Lewis (Coast Guard, 1944-1946), James Goodson (Coast Guard, ?-1944 and 1946-1954)