This lighthouse and the East Shoal Light were twins; they worked as range lights to guide vessels to Saluria Harbor. Both the East and West Shoal lights were destroyed in a storm in 1875; four keepers were killed at the two stations.
Description of Tower: Lantern on screwpile cottage-type dwelling.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1872
Date Deactivated: 1875
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: John S. Hicks (1872-1875, died in storm 9/17/1875), Jacob Hall (assistant, 1872-1875, died in storm 9/17/1875).