U.S. Coast Guard
This was the westernmost light station in North America. In 1979, the 1950 light on top of the fog signal building was replaced by a separate skeletal tower.
Tower Height: 35
Height of Focal Plane: 170
Description of Tower: Skeletal tower.
This light is not operational
1904: Octagonal tower on roof of fog signal building. 1950: Short hexagonal tower at one end of the fog signal building.
Date Established: 1904
Date Deactivated: 1979
Optics: 1904: Third order Fresnel lens; later 375 mm.
Current Use: Fog signal building.
Open To Public? No.
Keepers: Edward Moore (1913-1933), Theodore Pederson (1933-?), George (Mike) McNiff (Coast Guard officer in charge 1974-1975)