This lighthouse was destroyed in 1956 after being rendered obsolete by the building of the Delaware Memorial Bridge.
Tower Height: 95
Description of Tower: Hexagonal, pyramidal, skeletal, iron tower with enclosed central cylinder.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1876
Date Deactivated: 1952
Date Automated: 1938
Optics: 1876: Fourth order Fresnel lens.
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: William D. Torton (1876-c. 1908)