Patuxent River Naval Air Museum
Contact Address Information:
P.O. Box 323
This lighthouse's lantern was removed in 1981 and was put on display at the Patuxent River Naval Air Museum. In summer 2003 the lantern was reported to be under restoration by the Seabees; it will eventually be on display inside a new museum building. In 1996 the wooden portion of the keeper’s quarters was delivered to the Calvert Marine Museum in Solomons. The remaining brick walls of the first two floors were knocked into the water.
Description of Tower: Wooden dwelling with attached lantern.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1896
Date Present Tower Built: 1896
Date Deactivated: 1928
Current Use: Part of museum (lantern only).
Open To Public? Yes.