IJsselmeer Area Directorate (RDIJ)
This is one of three identical lights established to guide ships from the North Sea to Amsterdam. This is the only one still standing. The lighthouse was repaired after being gutted by fire in 1819. A lantern was added in 1834. A Fresnel lens was added the following year.
Tower Height: 48
Height of Focal Plane: 55
Characteristic and Range: White flash every 10 seconds, visible for 10 nautical miles. (white with red & green sectors)
Description of Tower: White, square brick & stone tower.
This light is operational
Attached keeper’s dwelling.
Date Established: 1700
Date Present Tower Built: 1700
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? No.