Canadian Coast Guard
Until 1968, the front light was on a reef north of a small island called Ile Richelieu. That year, the rear light, located on the edge of the cliff above the river, became the front light, and a new rear light (a skeleton tower) was erected about 3000 feet back. The 1899 front light was demolished around that time. The 1968 front tower with an enclosed upper portion was replaced by a plain skeleton tower in 1992. According to the current marine chart, the Barre à Boulard Range lines up with the Ile Richelieu Light (upstream) and the Pointe Platon Light (downstream).
Tower Height: 60
Height of Focal Plane: 169
Characteristic and Range: Fixed white light, visible for 20 miles.
Description of Tower: Square skeleton tower, with a black stripe on an orange daymark.
This light is not operational
1899: White, octagonal wooden tower with a red lantern, on a brown circular pier; 42 feet tall; demolished ca. 1968. 1968: Red square skeleton tower with an orange daymark on a white enclosed upper portion (formerly the rear tower).
Date Established: 1899
Date Present Tower Built: 1992
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.