Trinity Buoy Wharf Space Management
This lighthouse, at the site of a former Trinity House Depot, was built in 1864 (designed by Sir James Douglass) to be used for lighting experiments. It never served as an aid to navigation. Michael Faraday lived here and conducted experiments for some years. There was also an earlier (1854) experimental lighthouse here that no longer exists.
Description of Tower: Hexagonal brick tower attached to depot buildings.
This light is not operational
Date Present Tower Built: 1864
Date Deactivated: 1988
Current Use: Arts center.
Open To Public? Yes.