Port of Silloth
For some years, the original light here was the rear light of a pair of leading lights. The front light was on the south pier extension. The rear light was mounted on a short rail track so that it could be realigned to accurately mark the channel into Silloth Harbour. The 1913 skeletal tower was rebuilt in 1997; the new tower is almost identical to its predecessor.
Tower Height: 39
Height of Focal Plane: 50
Characteristic and Range: Fixed green.
Description of Tower: White, square, pyramidal iron skeletal tower with octagonal lantern with black roof.
This light is operational
1841: Wooden tower. 1913: White, square, pyramidal iron skeletal tower.
Date Established: 1841
Date Present Tower Built: 1997
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!