This tower had two fixed white lights, one showing eastward up the firth, the other showing down the firth. The lighthouse was destroyed by fire in the 1960s and replaced by a skeleton tower. The charred remains of the lighthouse are apparently still visible.
Height of Focal Plane: 50
Description of Tower: White hexagonal lantern on a white hexagonal building.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1841
Date Deactivated: 1960s
Current Use: Destroyed.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!