Canadian Coast Guard
This station was established as a fog signal station in 1904; a light was added on the roof of the engine house in 1907. At some point, the building was rebuilt with an attached white light tower, with a focal plane height of 49 feet. That structure was replaced by a skeleton tower in 1990; the light is now shown from atop the foghorn.
Tower Height: 8
Height of Focal Plane: 6
Characteristic and Range: Red flash every 6 seconds; range 3 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: Light on foghorn.
This light is operational
1990: Square skeleton tower.
Date Established: 1904
Fog Signal: Horn, 4-second blast every 60 seconds.
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!